On 11-12 September 2019, the 10th Workshop on the follow-up of the Joint Statement on Guiding Principles on the Development of Inland Navigation and Environmental Protection in the Danube River Basin took place at the Danube Commission in Budapest.
INCDPM Team participated at the meeting, as well as a large number of representatives of the European Commission, national, transport, environmental, project team representatives, water management authorities and NGO’s.
The objectives of the meeting were to:
- inform about progress on the implementation of the Joint Statement on Guiding Principles on the Development of Inland Navigatio n and Environmental Protection in the Danube River Basin;
- Discuss challenges and solutions in relation to the practical application of the integrated planning approach and lessons learnt;
- Inform and discuss new facts and perspectives of European inland waterway transport, including the EU Strategy for Danube Region;
- Ensure regular information exchange and presentation of new initiatives;
- Discuss adaptation of future Joint Statement related activities
Monica Matei, Madalina Boboc and György Deák INCDPM – WIN-WIN SOLUTION TO PROTECT STURGEON SPECIES AND TO ENSURE NAVIGATION CONDITIONS ON BALA BRANCH VS. OLD DANUBE IN THE CONTEXT OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN ROMANIA
The following videos are parts of the Danube Commission presentation: