Objective 1 – Environment
- Research on the development of techniques for the use of glass with special properties as an eco-friendly construction material.
- Research on the impact of the bioaccumulation of heavy metals in different freshwater fish species on the health of human population.
- Research regarding innovative methods for assessing and controlling air quality in vulnerable areas of the urban environment.
- Research concerning the use of advanced water treatment materials and their durability as dams / filters.Research regarding the ecological risk of contamination of aquatic ecosystems with pharmaceutical compounds belonging to the classes of: antibiotics, contraceptives, analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Objective 2 – Water
- Research on the evaluation of water quality parameters by utilizing numerical models in order to make a simulation of the pollutant dispersion process in the Danube River.
- Contributions concerning the improvement of wastewater quality by using modern technologies to eliminate hazardous organic compounds.
- Geomorphological studies on the evolution of the Bala Branch-Old Danube Branch, in the context of implementing the DKLB-C win-win hydrotechnical solution aimed at the redistribution of the river discharge from the Bala Branch to the Old Danube Branch.
Objective 3 – Renewable Energy
- Research on the identification and development of new renewable energy technologies by using recyclable materials as well.
Objective 4 – Sturgeons
- Studies on the migratory fish species from the lower course of the Danube River (sturgeons tagged with ultrasonic transmitters, Pontic shad) in order to improve their conservation measures.