The complex project SUSTENVPRO proposes the following research directions:
1. Development and validation of an innovative method for complex assessment of priority pollutants in various water matrices;
2. Development of efficient innovative water treatment processes and advanced wastewater treatment in order to eliminate priority organic and inorganic pollutants;
3. Development of new innovative materials (polymers, composites) designed for efficient removal of priority pollutants;
4. Capitalization of materials from organic (biomass) and inorganic waste (metallic waste) in innovative wastewater treatment processes for removal of priority pollutants and water recirculation / reuse;
5. Sustainability assessment of the water treatment processes and use of synthesized innovative materials through Life Cycle Assessment
These research directions are targeted in the 5 component projects (CPs) of the SUSTENVPRO project, implemented through an integrative and sustainable approach of research priorities in the field of Environment and Circular Economy (national priorities and smart specialization):
CP 1. Complex assessments of priority pollutants from different water matrices and identification of potential risks to ecosystems and human health;
CP 2. Improving the efficiency of water treatment processes and development of innovative materials for the elimination of priority pollutants;
CP 3. Valorisation of biomass resources for the development of innovative wastewater treatment and priority pollutant disposal processes;
CP 4. Waste metal recovery for the development of innovative wastewater treatment and priority pollutant removal processes;
CP 5. Sustainability assessment of water treatment / cleaning processes and waste recovery through Life Cycle Analysis.
Multidisciplinary teams bringing together experts in the field of materials science and engineering, chemical engineering, environmental engineering are involved in this project, ensuring thus its success.