Romania, as a member of the United Nations and the European Union, has expressed its adherence to the 17 Goals for the Sustainable Development of the 2030 Agenda.
In 2018, the Department for Sustainable Development has completed the review of the National Strategy for Romania’s sustainable development for 2030, a strategy that supports Romania’s development on three main pillars: economic, social and environmental. The strategy is citizen oriented and focuses on innovation, optimism, resilience and confidence that the state serves the needs of every citizen, in a fair, efficient and clean environment, in a balanced and integrated way.
The project “Sustainable Romania: Developing the strategic and institutional framework for the implementation of the National Strategy for Sustainable Development of Romania 2030” was designed to support the transition process towards a sustainable society. The implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals is not only a responsibility assumed by the UN and EU International Organizations, but also a commitment for future generations.
The purpose of the project is to implement the National Strategy for the Sustainable Development of Romania 2030 (SNDDR 2030) by ensuring the appropriate implementation framework, increasing the institutional capacity of the central authorities, improving the communication and interinstitutional collaboration, ensuring the consistency of the implementation by monitoring the progress and presenting the development trends of Romania, allowing evidence-based public decisions in a projective manner, anticipating systematic developments and risks.
The project is carried out in partnership with the National Institute of Statistics and the Regional Association for Entrepreneurial Development Oltenia. The budget allocated for the implementation of the project is 24,999,991.85 lei, of which 22,056,895.87 lei represent non-reimbursable European funds, and 2,943,095.98 lei funds from the budget of the entities involved in the project.
The results of the project
- A plan for the implementation of the National Strategy for the Sustainable Development of Romania 2030;
- Communication plan for the implementation of the National Strategy for the Sustainable Development of Romania 2030;
- Mechanism for monitoring the implementation of the National Strategy for the Sustainable Development of Romania 2030 and a coherent statistical database;
- Appropriate institutional framework for the implementation and monitoring of SNDDR 2030 by establishing sustainable development within the central and local public authorities, professional training in the field of sustainable development of the personnel within them, and developing the institutional capacity of the Department for Sustainable Development of the Government of Romania;
- Normative act for standardizing administrative interaction procedures for the purpose of generating and using sustainable development data within central and local public authorities, with responsibilities in the implementation of SNDDR 2030.
For more details go to the following links: